- RAIDER RULE NO. 2: See Raider Rule No. 1.
- Through 11 games, the Raiders lead the league in penalties (105) and penalty yardage (867), which is a relatively new development for second-year Raiders coach Jack Del Rio as his Jacksonville teams were some of the least penalized in the league at the time.
- Raiders shake off penalties, climb to No. 2 in power rankings
- You can hear former Raiders linebacker Matt Millen cackling as he recalls the signs, real or fictional, adorning Oakland’s locker room, the ones that read: RAIDER RULE NO. 1: Cheating is encouraged.
- Then again, the Raiders did set an NFL record with 23 penalties for a franchise-record 200 yards in an overtime road victory Oct 30 against Tampa Bay.
Following their win against Carolina, the Raiders reached No. 2 in ESPN’s Power Rankings for the first time since the final 2002 regular-season poll.
Continue reading “Raiders shake off penalties, climb to No. 2 in power rankings”